Junior Design Engineer – Mechanical
We are on the lookout for a Junior Design Engineer to join our project delivery team based in our Dunedin office.
You are a passionate experienced person who thrives on delivering future focused quality projects using the latest technology.
You understand everyone is different and a black and white approach to leadership is ineffective.
You will help foster a liveable and inclusive place where people can come to discover and realise the best possibilities for their business, their projects and themselves. You love exploring ideas and finding a better way.
Personal development and growth is a continual journey, you love improving your skills and self-awareness.
- A tertiary Qualification (or nearing completion of) – University or Polytech Engineer Degree – Mechanical
- High level of computer skills and proficiency in such as software as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Ideally familiarity and skills in cad software including 2D & 3D e.g. Autocad Inventor, or similar.
- A high level of technical and mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- The ability to interface and build a rapport with a variety of people
- Successful applicants will be autonomous, have enthusiasm to learn and contribute across all aspects of what we do
- Those who join Wiley have a passion for quality, integrity, future focus, a sense of community and exhibit behaviour that empowers those they work with
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of mechanical drawings
- Develop an awareness of the safety requirements associated with process equipment design, installation and commissioning, and assist in the preparation of documentation to identify compliance
- Develop an understanding of equipment controls and automation, and assist in the preparation of documentation to identify process requirements
- Develop and maintain documentation and drawings standards
- Completing design related activities including resolving design challenges relating to clients process requirements
- Attending sites to complete surveys and to observe installations
- Participate in actively building and maintaining relationships across Wiley, with various industry suppliers/contractors and with new and existing clients
- Keep abreast of current and developing technologies within the industries we are involved
We do not compromise on culture fit. Even if the need is great for the skills or experience, we recruit on culture fit first. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job
We are unreasonably selective and have extraordinarily high standards.
Wiley is an international company with offices around Australia, NZ and Asia. We are seeking applicants for New Zealand and you can be located anywhere, travel may be necessary depending on project location. You’ll be part of our integrated project delivery team.
The way we lead, is the way you aspire to lead
Wiley is an international company with head office in Brisbane and offices around Australia, NZ and Asia. We are seeking applicants for our Dunedin Office. You’ll be part of our integrated project delivery or construction teams.
Checkout some of our past projects – Click here
BEFORE APPLYING – Go through our culture – this is a snapshot of who we are. Please consider employment at Wiley only if you feel as strongly about our values and culture as we do. We live, breath and play by our culture everyday.
If you love what you see and more importantly how our culture makes you feel, please apply here.
Did you know we also support defense reserves too. – Click here to read more